Stagg and Associates, PLLC is a Houston law firm that provides skillful, experienced legal representation to clients in Harris County and surrounding areas. Whether you need an advocate to help with a family law matter, a criminal allegation or a personal injury claim, the firm can help.
R. Nicole Stagg has practiced law in Texas for 21 years and has extensive family law experience, including hundreds of divorce cases, post-divorce modifications, adoptions and contentious child support and custody issues. She is also a zealous advocate for clients charged with crimes ranging from DUI/DWI, trespass and assault to robbery, drug offenses and probation violations. If you have suffered injuries in a motor vehicle accident, she and her talented team will fight to obtain the compensation you deserve for medical bills, lost wages and other damages. For an accomplished, resourceful attorney with an outstanding record of success, contact Stagg and Associates, PLLC today.
- 2002, Texas
- U.S. District Court/Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
Law School Attended
- Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University, Class of 2001, J.D.
- Stephen F. Austin State University, Class of 1998, B.A.
Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Family Law
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, May 2002 - Present
- Texas Southern District/Bankruptcy Courts, August 4, 2006 - Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, September 12, 2013 - Present
- Certified Civil and Family Law Mediator, 2015 - Present
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc., Spring 1996 - Present
- Contract Attorney for Texas Youth Commission/TJJD, August 2002 - Present
- The Pro Bono College of the State Bar of Texas, 2003 - 2007
- Houston Bar Association, -Family Law and Criminal Law Sections, 2003 - Present
- Contract Attorney for Texas Board of Pardons and Parole, 2003 - Present
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, 2004 - 2005
- American Bar Association, 2004, 2007
- Houston Bar Association’s Night Court, 2004 - 2009, 2012
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, 2004 - 2011
- The College of the State Bar of Texas, 2005, 2006
- Solo Supporting Solos, 2005
- Texas Pro Bono College, 2005 - Present
- The Family Law Group, 2005 - Present
- The Downtown Group, 2006 - Present
- Houston Bar Association’s Equal Access Initiative, 2006 - 2015
- Burta Rhodes Raborn Inn of Court, Family Law, September 2007- 2014
- Subcommittee Member- Unauthorized Practice of Law, 2007- January 2008
- Awarded “Teacher of the Year”- Houston Community College - Spring 2009
- American Inns of Court, 2011 - 2014
- National Association of Professional Women, November 2011- 2014
- Equal Access Champion, 2011 - Present
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialist, 2022 - Present
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Peer Rated, 2022 – Present
- Legal Elite Award, 2022
Reviews & Ratings
🎖️ True Standards of Family Law 🎖️ Let me express to you about Attorney Nicole!!! From the moment she took charge, she went above and beyond, to ensure every aspect of my case, was handled with the utmost care and professionalism. Nicole ...
🎖️ True Standards of Family Law 🎖️ Let me express to you about Attorney Nicole!!! From the moment she took charge, she went above and beyond, to ensure every aspect of my case, was handled with the utmost care and professionalism. Nicole not only demonstrated her legal expertise, but also provided a sense of security & comfort throughout the entire process. HER ABILITY TO EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE & LISTEN ATTENTIVELY, TO MY CONCERNS, MADE ME FEEL HEARD & SUPPORTED. I HAD COMPLETE CONFIDENCE IN HER ABILITIES, KNOWING THAT SHE HAD MY BEST INTERESTS AT HEART. Nicole's determination and resilience, paid off as she achieved a favorable outcome, for my case. Her strategic approach, attention to detail, and extensive knowledge of family law, were instrumental in ensuring a successful resolution. HER RELENTLESS COMMITMENT TO MY WELL-BEING & SUCCESS, TRULY SET HER APART FROM OTHER ATTORNEYS!!!
I utilized Nicole Stagg's Law Firm through a legal benefits program. I really enjoyed working with this office and will continue to use them in future years.
I registered for a legal benefits program through work and utilized Nicole for quite a few things. Overall, I found the process relatively easy but an area of opportunity would be to utilize methods of securing information electronically an...
I registered for a legal benefits program through work and utilized Nicole for quite a few things. Overall, I found the process relatively easy but an area of opportunity would be to utilize methods of securing information electronically and not via word/pdf. Outside of that, I wouldn't have any more feedback.
I found Nicole Stagg as my attorney as I was looking for someone who was admired and respected from her fellow peers. She had several awards based on that. Super easy to work with. She also has an amazing staff that was there if I had quest...
I found Nicole Stagg as my attorney as I was looking for someone who was admired and respected from her fellow peers. She had several awards based on that. Super easy to work with. She also has an amazing staff that was there if I had questions. The entire process was enjoyable as she was so straight forward and professional. I would love to use this firm for any of my needs. Best lawyer ever!
I am so happy I was given her information to help me . She is so awesome at her job . Made my life so much easier . Thank you Nicole